Monday, August 17, 2009

As promised, [Almost] Disaster Baking

I send my husband to the grocery for dessert supplies. I told him I didn't care what, just choose something out of the baking aisle. He returns with Duncan Hines devils food cake mix and 2 cans of classic chocolate frosting, bless him. I swear Duncan Hines makes unbeatable chocolate cake mix. Anyway, before I frost the cake an idea hit me. See usually I eat the middle of the cake and I eat the frosting off the sides. The edge of the cake usually has that rough, tasteless, flour-y layer from the cooking spray and flour in the pan. So I decided to trim that layer off before I frosted it this time. I thought I was soooo smart...

But the stinkin thing kept falling apart! All that frosting was so heavy that the cake kept collapsing in on itself. Which meant we had to eat it that much faster, of course. Still tasted great, just not so pretty!

3 comments:

JLR Designs said...

atleast it was still yummy :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

hilarious! guess you just had to eat all that much more quickly! how sad ;)

Sara said...

Can't go wrong with chocolate! And I've had that thought to about the edges, but someone probably explained the physics to me and I conceded they were right. ;) Now I want chocolate.