Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blog Makeover

What am I doing???
I spent a lot of time browsing free blog template sites looking for the perfect background, and I must have really bizarre taste because I couldn't find a thing I liked. So I rigged up my own little cut-and-paste creation.
I stumbled across this fantastic tutorial series from Chocolate on my Cranium.
I'm happy with the background, but the banner is making me nuts. Blogger has the banner size pre-set to 660 pixels. When I scale my banner to 660 wide, the bottom gets cut off. So after a lot of trial and error, I was able to get the entire height to fit at 600 pixels width. But it looks so puny up there! Argh!
Maybe I should re-do the background with tinier flowers, would it look more cohesive?
I'm also trying to do my own buttons for the sidebar, but the only one I finished- twitter- just isn't doing it for me. I think it looks too small and lost, but when I scale it bigger it loses the sharpness. *sigh* Why can't I just leave things alone??
If anyone has any ideas or comments, please share!
Thanks y'all!

2 comments:

Shannah said...

Are you using a blogger template? I have had success at resizing the template for bigger pics and headers, etc. on mine and my husband's blog (http://keepingupwiththepaces.blogspot.com and www.trailled.com if you wanna take a peek). I might be able to help you if I know what template you are using.

SewSweetStitches said...

I have no choice but to use the "minima" template to adjust the html. But I want my middle thing and sidebar big like yours! When I try to adjust the size in the html, it gets bigger but then the sidebar gets pushed below the posts instead of beside it. Grr!