Monday, September 7, 2009

Ooh a piece of candy... Ooh a piece of candy...

Last week my husband and daughter took a little trip south to Jungle Jims International Market. Located in Fairfield, Ohio, it's known as a kind of theme park for foodies. They have every kind of fantastic edible thing imaginable, and what do they come back with? Candy. (Hey I'm not complaining!)






I LOVE Lemon Heads. The other flavors are even more amazing!


I was really excited about the chocolate Smarties, I thought they'd be something like the chocolate Neccos. But sadly, they were more like Rolaids. Yuck!



The tropical FunDip comes with a lime-flavored stick! Haven't tried it yet....




And these two are just for me. Well, they were until Munckin found them. The chocolate/coffee bar was really good, it had huge chunks of coffee beans in it.

Mallo Cups have always been a favorite for my brother and me. Our Mamaw always had plenty in stock for when we visited. They're like Reeses Cups, except the middle is marshmallow-y.


I know what I'm having for lunch!


4 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

Jungle Jim's IS really amazing. I like to look at the exotic produce. I was there last week to pick up some un-exotic items like tomatoes. I did buy some lemongrass, though. I haven't been to Jungle Jim's in a few years, but decided to go because I was in between 2 weddings that were nearby.
PS I'm surprised they didn't choose the packages of dried fish heads! :)

SewSweetStitches said...

Hehe my toddler is still traumatized by the "scawy dark fishies!"

Kimmy Anne said...

I live in Western, PA and have never heard of this place! Might have to make a field trip soon :)

I found the Chocolate Smarties at our Pat Catan's and the fiance didn't like them either so we threw the whole bag away :(

Sara said...

Jungle Jim's blew me away. My boss heard I had never been there, so he took me there to buy tomatoes. It is only a 10 minute drive from my work. I have it in the back of my mind to load up on all the funky candy they carry. ;) I remember Fun Dip! And chocolate Sweettarts just sound wrong.