Friday, September 4, 2009

Scavenging for Vintage Buttons: Success!

Wednesday was a gorgeous day, and for once I just didn't feel like staying inside and stitching. So I decided to browse Waynesville for vintage buttons. You know, to keep up productivity.
Waynesville, the "antique capital" of Ohio, is so much fun. Main Street is lined with original buildings full of vintage goodies. It was really hard to only look for buttons, but I was thrilled with my findings:





I love to dump them all out and put different colors together for inspiration:




I started on the red and blue right away. Finished product:



I wish I could keep them all and just look at them, but all the buttons will be the starting point for my new creations.
If you see one you love, or if you have some you'd like to turn into wearable art, let me know! I'd love to create something just for you!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

very cool, as always!

Splendid Little Stars said...

I love your finished product! The colors are wonderful! Waynesville, huh?! You live not so far from me. Have you ever gone to their Christmas in the Village? I have been going for several years now with friends. We feel it initiates our holiday. There are such wonderful antique shops. It's always fun to reminisce.

Sara said...

Waynesville is an excellent place to find buttons. Very cool! Does your little one like playing with them? My 3 yo little girl would just have a fantastic time organizing them if I had a button collection. You got me thinking about where and how I could use one of your creations.