Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Blissful Read



See my new book? Well, not my book, but the book I just read: "Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal- A guide for crafters, artists, and creatives of all kinds" by Tara Frey.
The other day I was browsing new craft and knitting books on Amazon when this one popped up as a suggestion. Thanks, Amazon! This makes me super excited because I've developed a little obsession lately with blogs. "Blog Junkie," I think is what the kids are calling it these days.

Reasons I am in love with this book:
- It's shiny, glossy, and packed with gorgeous snippets of blog glam.
- Over 50 beautiful blogs are featured: check out my overflowing blog list!---->
- The back includes a Resources page with tons of helpful websites.
- Indispensable advice for glamming up your photos
- It smells really good. Like fresh paper.

And here's the main point: Blogs are online journals.
This has never occurred to me before. I started the blog because I started the etsy shop, and it seemed like the next logical step. But the step after that seems to have eluded me. I post recipes, try to include lots of photos, feature etsy sellers, etc. But I'm missing something. What will make my blog want you, dear readers, to visit me first while the coffee's brewing? How can I make my blog so beautiful that it will inspire and motivate all you wonderful creative people to get craftin'?
This lovely book has all the answers. And it's so pretty, I just want to read it over and over again!

Here's a link to Ms. Frey's gorgeous blog: http://www.tarafrey.com/



3 comments:

DawnCorrespondence said...

Aaah, thanks for the great suggestion! I think I am going to have to check this one out!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Thanks so much!

Sara said...

Great suggestion! I'll have to add that to my Amazon wish list. :D