Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A French-Inspired Tea Party

What better way to fend off the chill of autumn with a tea party, brought to you by Etsy!


For my wedding, I planned a pink and blue Marie Antoinette-style frou-frou gala. There was gold tulle, different shades of pink, and a punch of bright aqua blue. I'd love to show you all my centerpieces, decorations, and dessert buffet. That will have to wait for another post, but my fantasy tea party was inspired by my beautiful wedding! Here we have all the makings of the most feminine and elegant party you could imagine.

Set the mood for the party with fabulous invitations:


Etsy has so many gorgeous tea sets to choose from!





Now we need to set the table, including the perfect centerpiece:




What could we put in our pretty planter? A bouquet, of course!




Imagine a glitzy garland hanging above our colorful table:


To brighten up the dining room, these tissue paper decorations work great! I made hundreds of these flowers for my wedding, and used the giant hanging pompoms around the room. Hang some mini lights behind them, and they glow beautifully!



My favorite part would be the food! Namely, desserts:



And we'll need something pretty on which to display our gorgeous treats. For my wedding, I made several of these tiered stands made from vintage plates. They looked fantastic on the dessert buffet! Here are some beautiful ones already made:



Your guests will want to remember such a pretty party for a long time. Send them home with some lovely favors!
Can you believe these delicious-looking treats are actually soaps?




These detailed cookies would be perfect!

Or how about cute little jewelry trinkets?




And you'll want something a little extra-special for your hardworking assistant hostess!

Don't forget to dress the part of the glamorous hostess:

Gateaux Vintage Dress by katinkapinka



Dancing Shoes by OxfordHeaven



Pinkology Headpiece by houseoftelsa




Star Burst Fascinator by BaroqueandRoll



La Contessa Choker by BlueSunEmporium



Pasteque Earrings by katinkapinka



Oh, and I almost forgot the most important part- The tea! Etsy is a great place to go for unique blends. TeaForAllReasons is just one shop offering yummy flavors like these:
  • Chocolate Mint Chip
  • Bourbon Street Vanilla
  • Almond Cookies
  • Belgian Chocolate
  • Cherry Mocha
  • Orange Creamsicle
  • Chocolate Ginger
  • Watermelon Peach
  • Cappuccino Cream
  • Maple Blueberry

... and over 100 more!


I don't know about you, buy my mouth is watering and my tummy is growling!


12 comments:

Marsha said...

What an absolutely gorgeous array of beauties! A feast for all the senses. Must come back and really take the time to study each one and link over to the shops. Thanks so much for including your most welcome compliments of my shop,
Tea For All Reasons! Well done all the way around!

Sora Designs said...

Thanks for including my spoon necklace. my mouth is watering too.

Wen

pomlove said...

fabulous. i love love love it! the soft colors and shabby-chicness are so sweet. thank you for including pomlove among all of these wonderful items.

best,
kirsten

Splendid Little Stars said...

a true feast! look forward to seeing more of your photos! The tissue paper pompom idea is fabulous!

Deanna said...

OOOO la la!!! What a delicious array of frou frou fit for any queen and her courtesans. So pleased you honored my feather hair clip with such glamorous company. Merci!

The Fancy Lady said...

oh wow thanks so much for including my treats its so funny this tea party is so up my ally i love tea and tea parties im glad to have found your blog im following now i have some giveaways going on on my blog you should check them out thanks again im gunna go check out your etsy shop.- The Fancy Lady

The Fancy Lady said...

okay and i just noticed your side bar you like the deftones and tea parties! i think your my new favorite person lol

SewSweetStitches said...

Wow, Fancy, we do share the same taste(s) in music! Third Eye Blind- that one never leaves my cd player.
Jazz, Blues, Country, Rock.. I love it all. Except rap. Never was able to grow to love that one!

The Catnap Cottage said...

I'll have mine with lemon please!! Wonderful, yummy post - thanks for including my plate! Now I have to go raid the pantry for something sweet!! :-)

KatinkaPinka said...

i want EVERYTHING you featured here! thanks so much for including a few of my goodies, too!

xoxoxo
katinka

Kath said...

This is beautiful! What a great idea! thanks for featuring my cup and saucer set!
Kath

auntjanesattic said...

What a beautiful gathering of ideas and a delicious posting! Thank you for including my teacup and saucer!