Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm back! Sort of

Sadly, the real computer has died. Attempts to resuscitate were unsuccessful. Memorial services in the form of hard drive transfer to [hopefully] commence soon. That way I get all my photos back and I can finish showing you the Wool Gathering.
(I've punished DH by picking out -and devouring- all the chocolate cookie bars from his Hershey's assorted bag Mwahahaha)

In the meantime, I've been using little bro's vostro, which is some sort of mini-me laptop. At first I felt like a hulking giant crouching over it and tap-tapping on the tiny doll-sized keyboard, but now I'm used to it. In fact, I'm in love with it and I'm trying to come up with ways to "lose" it. Ahem. But you will have to excuse my inability to keep apostrophes and commas straight, as they were backwards on the miniputer for whatever bizarre reason. Maybe that's how the cool kids do it these days.
I wouldn't know.

Aaaanyway. I'm very excited about my new packaging. Ch-ch-check it out:



The boxes are the cardboard-ish kind from the craft store, in the unfinished wood stuff aisle. They were like 50 cents, which I think is cheaper than gift boxes. I cut a square of scrapbook paper and glue-sticked it to the top. Then I used a nail file to rough down the edges and soften the corners, for an old-fashioned look. Then I used a whole piece of 12x12 cardstock to wrap it like a gift.
I still plan to use my stitched packaging for flat items, but recently I've been experimenting with jewelry that includes beads and gemstones, and they tend to rattle around in the envelopes too much.
I sent my first felted wool and gemstone necklace off today, hope she loves it!

Now you know if you want in on this I'll be happy to send you your own little present, all you have to do is head on over to my shop!
One at a time, folks, don't stampede- I don't want to be responsible for breaking the interwebs.

No comments: