Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm In Love

...With my family.
That's right, I said it.
I never thought I'd be the kind of mom who couldn't stop talking about her kid. In fact, I never thought I'd be a mom! But I can't help it. Either thing, really. If you have babies, you'll understand. If you don't, please bear with me. I promise it's adorable...

Funny Things My Kid Did Before 10am
  1. Every morning, she climbs on top of me and does her very best to convince me it's time to wake up. This morning I woke up with my right arm outstretched. Munchkin was sitting in front of it and chattering to herself. I kept still and listened. "....And Pappy's cheesebewger, and my pizza sthickths, and my chocwa miwk..." This is what she orders when Pappy takes her to the Big Girl Restaurant, aka Frischs, aka "Lishes." She was playing restaurant! I tried to turn my head to watch her. "No!" she said, "You's getteen Pappy diwty!" She pushed my head back over. "I cween it up," she said, and pretended to wipe up my armpit area. What a sweet little wake-up!

  2. After the coffee was made and the Pop Tarts distributed, I settled down in front of the computer to work on my Etsy shop. A few minutes later I heard her happily talking to herself. She was sitting behind me, bending over a portable radio. "Mommy I make you chicken nuggeths!" she exclaimed as she twisted the dials and pushed the buttons. She was pretending the radio was an oven! Awww

  3. I worked a little while longer, and she played with her miniature guitar. She dragged over the guitar stand and said, "Look Mommy I Mommy!" She began to sing "You are my Sunshine" at the top of her lungs. When I laughed, she covered her face and giggled in shyness. Then the guitar stand tipped over and caught her on the chest, where a cartoon cat was appliqued to her shirt. "Oh no!" she shouted, "My kitty! My kitty got owie!" She rubbed the picture of the cat and asked it if it was ok. I almost cried from cuteness.

Then she ground Pop Tart into the carpet. The end.


2 comments:

Sara said...

Cute cute cute! My little buggar's are a great mix of hilarity and "oh no you dinnit!" too.

Jessica said...

She is so stinkin cute!