Monday, October 19, 2009

Obsession

Ok let's get one thing straight. I am NOT materialistic! Sure, I have a couple dozen pairs of shoes in my closet. And spilling over into other people's closets. But what girl doesn't?
And yeah, I have 20+ pages of favorites on etsy. So I like to window shop. Eventually my hearted items will be sold to people with real money, or I might use them in a pretend treasury on my blog. But this... this is different.
Last night, unable to sleep (on my mom's wooden mattress haha) I was browsing etsy, gathering items for my next "Favorites" post. I was searching for copper rings when I saw it. You know how in books people say their heart skipped a beat? That was the feeling.
It was so unusual, so dramatic.



Tour of Tourmaline Ring by MidwestAlchemy

I examined the listing for what was probably an inappropriate amount of time. It reminded me of something, but I couldn't figure out what exactly. It was like when you can't remember someone's name, or where you saw that actress before.



This organic, freeform style isn't something I've ever been attracted to before. There was just something intriguing about it.
I went back to bed, but I kept thinking about this ring. What what what does it remind me of?
Teeth.
Stalagmites.
Superman's home planet. Crouton? Cropton? Something like that...
Anyway, I just love it. I love the metal tones in the band. I love the raw tourmaline chunks. I love imagining how cool my hand would look with this ring on it.
I'm obsessed.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Different strokes for different folks! What did your husband say about it?

Marte said...

Krypton!

SewSweetStitches said...

He had the same reaction I did pretty much.
At first he was like what the..? And then he stared for a bit and said HEY that's really cool!
Unfortunately, neither of us will be seeing an expendible $60 for the next few decades hehe.

Pragya said...

lol!!
I thought of the exact same thing!! It totally looks like krypton!!!