Monday, October 26, 2009

Welcome Home Mimi and Pappy

My parents came home Sunday evening, and to welcome them back I planned to make a giant chocolate chip cookie, beautifully decorated in elegant colors.
I baked the cookie and set out all my decorating supplies. I decided to mix the frosting into pretty shades of lilac purple and rosy pink. Planning to begin with the purple, I used a few drops of light blue, then what I thought was red. Ehm... it was yellow. Now I had a quite disgusting shade of green. That's ok, we'll just stick with blue. I mixed in some more blue. It was fine.
Next I moved on to the rosy pink. I knew I had a tube of pre-made pink coloring, so I couldn't possibly mess this up, right? Yeah, except my pink was labeled "neon pink," which I discovered after stirring the frosting into a violent shade of hot pink.
Ok, so the colors are more appropriate for a baby shower, no problem. It's the thought that counts.
I filled up my piping bag and stood over the giant cookie, imagining the elegant border I would make, when I grinned an evil grin. The colors were already pretty gross, and let's face it, this isn't the world's prettiest giant cookie either. I giggled, and started drawing....


If you aren't getting the joke, you'll hafta spend the next few hours (well worth it) browsing Cake Wrecks. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sara said...

lol cute cake wreck!

Bonzai Beadwear said...

lol i bet it tastes awesome!!