Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm Siiiick

This is what I get for posting the "Man Cold" link the other day. I'm waaay worse than any man when I'm sick. It must be a family thing. My brother wouldn't even moan for soup when he's sick. My sister-in-law Jessica tells me he'll actually use an iphone app to tell her what he wants. That could be a Gary Larson cartoon: "When nerds get sick." Oh, brother. (Get it? Lova ya bro!)

Here's how sad and pathetic I am when I'm sick. This was actually taken in April, the night before my wedding. I think I had the flu. Yeah, that was real fun.


And if forced to appear in public while sick, I have no qualms about completely embarrassing you. Like this:


Doug is doing a pretty good job of taking care of me. Although he did try to tell me that chocolate cake for dinner is bad for my immune system. What??
Growing up, when we were sick my dad would bring us vanilla Cokes from Frischs. (Like a Shoneys, for you southerners.) They use real vanilla syrup, and crushed ice. I don't know why, but the crushed ice makes it speshul. Yep, that's all I need to feel better. A vanilla Coke. Dad.

The upside here is that I now have a great idea for a tissue cozy: Embroidered viruses. Oh yeah.

6 comments:

Sara said...

UGH! Hope you get better soon! Those pictures are great! Frisch's vanilla cokes are the best. Just had one last week. Now I want another. Hope you get one!

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks! I just called my dad and directed him to my blog. We'll see!

S and O said...

Oh you are too funny!!! I hope you get better soon being sick is no fun at all:( Unless of course you get goodies heehee then it's all worth it:) You are so lucky, when I was a kid I never got any vanilla syrup for being sick, I'm going to call up my parents and complain to my now...lol! Have a great day and feel better:D

Olivia

Jessica said...

Poor Missy :( Get better soon!

Jesse said...

Okay, let's get things straight here: It was NOT an iPhone app, it was the special handicap text-to-speech app built into Windows where it spoke aloud what I typed.

SECOND, that was just as a joke.

THIRD, I don't ever moan or whine or anything else. I just don't talk. Don't ask me why, I'm just a very quiet sick person.

So nyahhh to you! :P

And sorry you're feeling bad. You're right that Frisch's Vanilla Cokes are the Best Thing Evarrr, though I don't remember Dad bringing me any when I was sick as a kid. Sprite and Pizza Rolls, definitely - but not Frisch's Vanilla Coke.

On that note, I was very thirsty last weekend whilst driving home with Jess and I stopped at Frisch's drive-thru for a vanilla Coke and nothing else. She thought I was crazy at first - until she tasted the MIND BLOWING AWESOMENESS that is Frisch's vanilla Cokes. THEY'RE MORE THAN JUST REGULAR VANILLA COKES, PEOPLE!

Then we went to Wal-Mart and mingled with the local rednecks. I felt at ease amongst them, sharing a common food source. I believe they suspected I was an Outsider - they could somehow detect that something was "off", despite my waxy, syrup-filled Frisch's cup that belied my true nature.

They are a wary folk, those People of Wal-Mart.

SewSweetStitches said...

LOL stop making me laugh- my throat hurts!
You should have a blog ;)