Thursday, November 12, 2009

Strong enough for a man, made for a woman

This scarf began as a "dating project." You know the knitting rules: No ring, no sweater. But scarfs, hats, and maybe even socks are acceptable while dating. So I began this scarf last fall and only took a year to finish it. Now that's true love. I even bought the finest baby alpaca for mansocks, but considering I never even got through the heel of my own first socks, I doubt his will ever get to the ball-winding stage.
Small steps, my friends. Small steps.

Anyway, I am mad about this yarn. There are so many beautiful colorways from which to choose. I have several others to try out entrelac in a headband. I think this blue-gray one is subtle enough for a guy, but still pretty enough for me to borrow. In fact, I've already tested it out. Works great.

Made with Crystal Palace "Taos"
size 10 needles, 1x1 rib









1 comment:

Splendid Little Stars said...

I love it! And that reminds me. I should knit a scarf for my husband for Christmas. Why not socks or a sweater, you ask? Because I really don't know how; can't learn at this late date. I love the yarn you chose. I will have to check that out.