Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby Shower Crafts


Saturday was the baby shower for my brother and sister-in-law, commonly referred to as "The Jess-es," since their names are Jesse and Jessica. Awww!
The party was hosted by her sister and friend, but I made a couple of things I wanted to show you!

Here is the guest book I made using scrapbook supplies:

bookcover500px

The chipboard pages were purchased as a pre-cut book in pretty scalloped designs, then I added a rectangular front and back. The edges were roughed up with a nail file.

The woodland-themed paper is from a DCWV "Green Stack" photo mat cardstock pad from Joanns. So cute, but not too girly for a baby boy.

The cardstock was glued to the chipboard pages, then embellished with ribbon and flower decals. A little square of plain cardstock was added for signatures or little notes from guests. Here are a few of my favorite layouts:




I'm not really into scrapbooking, but I love to make little books like this or special cards. I'd like to do [finish] a big scrapbook for my little girl as her baby book, but I'm really bad at finishing large projects like that. Plus I like to have a matching theme throughout, and I'd have a really hard time choosing the layouts- the little girl products are sooooo cute!

Anyway, I also painted some flowerpots for the centerpieces:


Priming the clay pots


Acrylic paint can be really cheap- the Joanns brand is 59 cents each

The felt flowers and leaves were glued on





Ta-da!






4 comments:

Jesse said...

If you can believe it, these are 1,036 times cooler in real life than in these pics. Really, really awesome stuff.

Sherry said...

That is very neat! Love the idea of the felt flowers glued on the flower pot.

Thanks for the tip about acrylic paints. My son wants some for Christmas.

Sara said...

Great baby shower crafts! I did a Creative Memories album for both kids. The album, album pages, paper, and stickers all coordinated. I fit the entire first year into the album. I'm not into a lot of embellishments, so "stick 'em and get 'em in" is my motto for scrapbooking.

S and O said...

oh how beautiful!!!
gosh you are so creative!!!
that pot is really neat!
I love the idea of scrap booking, it's always seemed like fun but I've just never really gotten around to it:) one day I keep telling myself...you did an awesome job with that little book there the paper you used is so cute!
Olivia