Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Matryoshkas-In-Waiting

So I've wanted to do a matryoshka piece for a long time. Lastnight I cut the pieces and stitched up a few. Actually, I should say the last 2 days I've been working on them- they take forever!







Originally I planned to apply all three to a coffee cup cozy, but now that I know time-consuming they are, I'd be afraid to list the cozy for what I really want! So I'm trying to come up with some other ideas. One on a tissue cozy, one as a brooch?
Help me out here, guys! What do you think they'd be cute on?

5 comments:

jenni said...

You can send them to Dallas. :)

Don't be afraid to charge for work. You do lovely work. People will pay to own that lovely, exclusive work!

Good Girls Studio said...

I like the idea of them on a coffee cozy, you could make a hairclip too!

"Jambo Chameleon" said...

Melissa,
I'd say a hair clip or brooch!
They are 'sew' gorgeous!!

Sally

Christina said...

Adorable. Brooch is a good idea! How about just one on a cup cozy instead of all 3? :)

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks everyone for the ideas! I did a few brooches, worked out pretty well, listed one in the shop!