Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Mom Extraordinaire


My Mom circa 1983
Dear Mom,
A lot of families talk on the phone every day and always say I love you. We don't and I'm totally cool with that because I don't like talking on the phone. And saying that to people out loud feels weird, although I have no problem saying it to my cat. Or my yarn.
Anyway, I can't imagine saying it to you in person but you're the coolest mom ever. Who would I be without you? What would I do all day? No knitting, no sewing, no hoarding yarn... My hands wouldn't be this beautiful- they look just like yours, only less graceful. How would I have ever made the best cherry pie, or peanut-butter-on-a-spoon? Would I have a strange affinity for office supply stores and pretty pens? Would I even know who Jane Austen is?
I can't imagine me without you. Thanks for being my mom.
Love,

5 comments:

Christina said...

Very sweet! :)

Jessica said...

Awww!

Lisa said...

Awww, now I'm getting all verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves...

Sara said...

That is so sweet!!!

fruitsofthebloom said...

I'm trying to pass on my love of Jane Austen to my daughter...it isn't working. Tell me your mom's secret! ;o) Good moms are great, bad moms are boils on the bum of humanity. Glad yours isn't a boil!