Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Teeny-Tiny Baby Sweater!

Yay! It actually got finished in time!
If you're a twitter follower, you know the horror involved in my frantic late-night knitting: dropped stitches, backwards knitting, and yes, even purling my stitch markers into the sweater more times than I care to admit!

Of course, it was all worth it. The Jess-es loved it and I feel like I learned a lot from this project. Like perfecting the art of picking up dropped stitches. Can't wait to see the little guy in it!

Oh yeah, and I have a leftover ball of this fantastic yarn. What do you think- Stuffed owl? Hat? Tiny blankie?


The gift box I made from scrapbooking chipboard




These unique tagua nut buttons were purchased at the fiber festival this fall, but I found a great supplier on etsy, Naturebeads- they stock the sliced buttons and the whole beads in the purtiest colors!




Here are the ADORABLE stitch markers I had the pleasure of using. My mom got them for me from the cutest etsy shop eva, which I will feature tomorrow so stay tuned!




If you'd like the project details including pattern and yarn used, check my Ravelry notebook.



A big thanks to Mom for washing and blocking, finishing my ends, repairing all the holes, and sewing on the buttons in the middle of the night before the party!


6 comments:

jenni said...

I have no idea what a stitch marker is or why one would need it, but that is the cutest baby sweater eva!

Desiree said...

That yarn is fantastic! And those buttons are PERFECT! It's adorable...and I'm thinking a little stuffed owl is a must with the leftover yarn, unless you have enough for matching booties? : )

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see baby Felix in this sweater! It is so stinkin adorable and well made. Very very special to us :)

SewSweetStitches said...

Awww gosh shanksh! So what's your vote for the leftover ball of yarn, mama?

fruitsofthebloom said...

Sweet Stitches of Pre-Manly cheerful colors, I love this sweater...would that I could wear it myself! The quirky buttons are soooo perfect, set it off so well!

Jessica said...

Hmm, I would say a little hat because I want pictures taken with him in his little sweater. But an owl would be cute too...so I dunno. Whatever you decide will be wonderful :)