Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Very Good Day

Yesterday was laundry day, so I spent all day at my parent's house. Doug took Munchkin grocery shopping with him (brave soul), so my mom and I were left to watch Law & Order for hours on end in peace.
We ordered out for greek salads (omg yums), yakked about.. well... everything, and I even did my first little needlepoint piece!


I want to use needlepoint in some big statement necklaces, but it's a lot harder than I thought it was gonna be. I like to create as I go, but on needlepoint canvas that doesn't work too well. Grids and counting and... just... ew.
Eventually I want to make antique-looking floral designs, but maybe I'll start out with more linear shapes until I get the hang of it.


Oh, and Mom dyed the most beeeeaaaauuuuuuuutiful yarn I've ever seen. I'll post pictures whenever she posts pictures.

Since I got so engrossed* in Law & Order, a few loads of laundry turned into an all-day event and I didn't get home until after 1am.
*Engrossed is a gross word. Let's not use it anymore, mmk?

And guess what I found waiting for me:


A present!


Check out my shiny new Porcelain Dinner Ring, courtesy of Jo Ann at Pottery123

Look at the detail in the beautiful glaze- I could stare at it all day! It's super comfy to wear, and I can't wait to show it off!
Thank you Jo Ann, you're amazing!

Everybody be sure to check out her shop- she makes all kinds of gorgeous ceramic jewelry, and the most gorgeous bowls too!

5 comments:

GlitzGlitter said...

That is a heck of a gorgeous ring!!

Sara said...

Gorgeous ring! Sounds like a great day with your mom. I've never had Greek salad.

Tara said...

I love watching Law & Order while I craft - is that weird?

Down To Earth News said...

I am so glad that you liked it, compliments mean so much coming from such ring goddess. Now I am craving greek salad.

Good Girls Studio said...

hahaha, my mom & I could gab all day & night too. The Boy & I lived with my parents for a bit when we relocated & my mom & I basically had a big 'ol sleep-over the whole time staying up into the wee hours every night :)

New statement necklaces sound fun!