Friday, February 19, 2010

Books!


Although I know it'll be short-lived, mail is much more fun right after tax refund time. Exhibit A:


I've checked out the 200 Blocks book from the library about a dozen times, so I figured it was finally time to buy it! Check out the Amazon customer pics, people come up with some really creative combinations!

The Motifs book is really neat, too. It includes lots of decorating ideas for your little crochet shapes besides just blankets. The how-to section at the beginning is fantastic. If you want to learn to crochet, this is the best set of instructions I've seen yet.








AND I won a giveaway from Jennifer Perkins over at Naughty Secretary!


Chain Style by Jane Dickerson

I love chain jewelry, but I'm completely un-creative when it comes to putting it together myself. Right away I saw two projects that caught my eye:


The book also has a great tutorial section for the basics like making your own jump rings and clasps, plus instructions for wire wrapping. I'm really excited about that because I've been wanting to learn how for a long time!


Thanks Jennifer!
Have you guys seen any good craft books lately?

PS. Ya, I can't quit with the makeovers. What do you think of the new blog look?

1 comment:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Oooo, those crochet books look awesome! I'll have to grab them from the library.

Also, I love the look of the blog - nice and springy!