Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vintage Finds

Here in the Dayton Ohio area, we have several nice thrift stores. And you can usually find some beautiful piece of antique furniture every time you go. But the prices are outrageous! One of the best shops even holds back the really nice stuff and marks it for display only. That's just silly, especially since it's a charity shop based on donations. Anyway, last week we found where all the good stuff has been hiding- a little flea market in West Carrollton. (If you live in the area, the place I'm talking about is the old Roberds building.)
This place is so cool. It's open seven days a week, and it's FULL of old furniture at outrageously low prices. There was so much of it that I could hardly decide what to get! It was so hard to pick out only what could fit in the van, and in my little apartment for that matter. The best part was the sofa we found. We had been searching for a couple weeks and I was beginning to consider giving up and just furnishing the place with giant pillows! (joke)
So here's what we found, for a total of $200!









I absolutely love this sofa. It's pretty comfy, and long enough to stretch out on. I plan to cover it with pillows to tone down the busy pattern a little.
The other stuff was already painted green, it just coincidentally matched. I don't know if I'll paint any of it, because it looks pretty nice in my living room just the way it is. The walls are turquoise and the other furniture is bright red. I know, it sounds crazy, but you'll just have to see it!
I promise to post pictures as soon as I can find my stinkin flash!

6 comments:

Violet Bella said...

OMG those are amazing finds for an amazing price! i want to go shopping there with you! Wow, so in love with that couch, it reminds me of mine. love it! eeeeek! so happy for you!

Good Girls Studio said...

Score indeed! Soo jealous! & they match !!! I was looking at the pics going "she even painted them already"...lucky girl!

Christina said...

I love great finds like that!

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks guys!
Laura, I thought of you when I saw the couch, the colors are so you!

Violet Bella said...

thanks for the comment, ha ha, that is alot of inspiration going around!

and are you serious, you thought of me, how cool is that! thats about this best thing to make someone think of me with! awesomeness!

Natalie said...

great score!! I never knew that was there and will have to check it out we need an entertainment center and a few other things for my SO's room :)

Thanks!