Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Crafting Inspiration


A few weeks ago Jenny Hart tweeted about this vintage book, Embroidery Magic on Patterned Fabrics. And of course, since the suggestion came from Jenny Hart, I practically beat down the virtual doors of half.com to order a copy for myself.

Mom: "If Jenny Hart jumped off a bridge would you do it to?"
Me: "Are there Jenny Hart patterns waiting at the bottom?"

Anyway, it was a great investment. Of 75 cents.



So it's a pretty great book, very inspiring and all that. And I do have some lovely vintage fabrics that would look great with this technique. But the thing is, I'm the worse sew-er ever. So I could embroider all the fabric I wanted, and that would be the end of it. Maybe I could frame it in those adorable little wooden embroidery hoops?
Hmm...


I'm still sorting through the pile of library books from last week. I'm madly in love with this one, Embroider A Garden. I will definitely have to buy it, or else check it out of the library every two weeks!



Normally I'm happy just to outline stitch on cut felt shapes, but I might be getting a bit bored with that. Shhh!
I mean look at that, though! I gotta try it:


From another library craft book, I love this idea:


It's a collar, and here they've made it out of linen. I'd love to try it in leather!

Speaking of which, I've had these sitting on my worktable for a couple of weeks:

Supplies for more leather jewelry, even though nobody's been buying my first leather cuffs. But I can't help it, they were so much fun. I think the mustard and green are going to be a statement necklace? My husband says those colors don't go together at all. Boys, what do they know? Hmmm...

3 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

That embroidery book is a great score! Swoony Gardens...get on it girl! Can't wait to see your collar!

XoXo's
Johanna

janet said...

The garden embroidery is gorgeous!!!!

Kelly said...

Love the Embroider a Garden pics, especially the first one (summer)!

I may have to buy a copy for myself!