Friday, March 26, 2010

Favorites Friday: Vintage Planters

So I haven't done a Favorites since my blog break during the move last month, and I really missed it. I hope you did too!

Today I'm looking at all the vintage planters in my etsy favorites. While I would just love to fill these darling little figurines with plants and set them all over my apartment, I think they're better suited for craft room supplies! In my dream craft room, I would have a wall of shelves full of these cute little guys, and everybody would have a stash of pencils, brushes, thread spools, etc. I know that'll never happen, but it's a nice thought.
Anyway, I've never quite figured out how the plants go in these. They're so little! I have a lamb from a vintage shop, he's so old that all the paint is worn off his little face, but I love his heavy, high-quality glossiness. I tried to put a little plant in him, but since there are no drain holes the plant just got moldy. I don't get it. But he's still cute to look at!



I came across the neatest etsy shop, Succulents Galore, the other day while browsing my favorite blogs. (I'm really sorry to whoever posted about this, I can't remember who it was, but thank you for the link!) Look at these gorgeous plants!



I can just picture my little balcony entirely covered with pots of these beauties, stacked artfully on flat stones or nestled in pretty logs. *sigh*

Also I want to grow tomatoes, but I think I've missed the planting window again! Last year I planted tomato seeds in June and they made pretty plants but of course never got a chance to make fruit. I hear there may be a tomato shortage this year, so I'm a little freaked out. I loooove tomatoes! Especially with basil and mozzarella... mmmmm. Too bad I can't grow a mozzarella plant, then I'd be all set! Well ok, if I also had a waffle plant, a nutella tree, and a cookie plant!

Do you have any garden plans for this year?

3 comments:

Ellen said...

CUTE! smiles.

Cheryls Purple Cow said...

I love vintage and these are cute planters. Problem is that I can remember a couple of those when they were somewhat new.

La Alicia said...

those planters are all adorable! I love the idea of having one in my bathroom! :)