Monday, March 8, 2010

Hair Clip of The Month Club

Nah, I'm kidding, I'm not really doing that. But I am trying out clip sets of three. I've had one in the shop for just about forever, but it might not be working because the colors are too similar. Here's more of what I'm going for:

I'm trying to think of what colors spring outfits would have, and maybe mommies will be more likely to buy the clips if they included something for every outfit. So that's the pastel set, and I also want to do a primary set- yellow, blue, and red.
Could you lovely creative people give me some ideas of what sets I could make? And also, what is your opinion of the three flowers being different- like one small, one large double, and one with leaves. Or would it be better if all three clips were the same size?
Thanks!

7 comments:

janet said...

the variety of size and shape is great..sadly my grown sons would most likely refuse to wear them ;-)

ElegantSnobbery said...

Ooooh, I like the variety of sizes and colors!! I will definitely buy some clip sets from you soon... so adorable!!

Liz Noonan said...

i think white, shades of white or all bright white and different sizes. also black ( i love black) and deep purple and deep pink.
these look great!

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't, or - Sometimes you want matching clips, sometimes you want to mix. Personally I like the mix, but as a guy, I won't be wearing any. They are awfully cute though.

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks ladies! (And guy!)
I never thought of black and white, will try!

jessecreations said...

I love these! I think a little "variety pack" of colors is cute! I'd just check out places like Target, Wal-Mart, Children's Place, etc. and find out what colors they're putting on spring clothes, then go with that. Maybe turquoise, hot pink, lavender? Or bright yellow in there somewhere? Also, honestly, I think a clip of the month club would be fun - what a great birthday or Christmas gift for a little girl; you could address the clips to her and she could get one a month for a few months! You know kids love to get mail ...

Jess

Natacha said...

Hi Melissa,
I found your blog by coincidence and I'm glad I did! Your creations are so colourful and bright. I love them! I'll be back soon to read some of your older posts.
Greetings from Luxembourg,
Natacha