Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Must Be Dreaming

A bit dramatic? Maybe. But still, so awesome that I did a happy dance like no other all yesterday afternoon.
If you're a facebook fan, you've already been barraged with the news, so... sorry!

Let me start by explaining the reason for my excitement. I've always been crafty, and I've always wanted to make it my job.
When I was a kid, I'd make little "purses" from fabric scraps and force my family to buy them from me with fake money I gave them. I pretended my room was my retail shop, and I even made a little "open" sign for my bedroom door!
Ok so fast forward 20 years, and I'm still figuring out what I want to do. I go to the library every week and check out the same book over and over:

And embroidery has been my crafting medium of choice ever since. Thank you Jenny Hart.

So yesterday I'm checking my email and I see: "Etsy order confirmation from Sublime Stitching" And I'm like Oh wow someone stole Jenny Hart's business name! Then I check the shipping address, and almost threw up: Austin, TX. Well, ok, so a Jenny Hart fan has taken stalking to the local level, surely.
But no, there was a note:

Message from sublimestitching:
I will wear it proudly! It's so beautiful I can't stand it!
xo Jenny

omg omg omg it really is Jenny Hart! THE Jenny Hart, Queen of Embroidery, the woman who has single-handedly brought the lost art of embroidery back to hipness! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

But wait, it gets better...
I'm so excited I can't even tell you about it. Just check it out for yourself!

A blog post. About me. BY JENNY HART!!!

And as if that wasn't enough, I wake up to another sale thanks to her wonderfulness. Just. Wow! I couldn't be happier if I'd been asked to be on the Martha Stewart show. Which btw was my secret fantasy, until now. This is way better, because Martha never inspired me to try embroidering. (Glitter embossing, ok maybe, but that's not the subject of my slowly growing business.) Thank you thank you thank you!

7 comments:

Cheryls Purple Cow said...

OMG! Congratulations! I don't know what else to say. Nothing I say can express the joy I felt reading this post.

ElegantSnobbery said...

OMG, you are the epitome of all things awesome!! I love Sublime Stitching!!

Good Girls Studio said...

Your famous my dear! That is fantastic! So happy for you! {jumping up & down doing a happy dance for you!}Hoooray :)

jack bespoke said...

happy dances of excitement are definitely valid here, awesome

bespok.

Maxwell Designs said...

I am so thrilled for you! that is awesome. Great job.

SewSweetStitches said...

Aww thank you so much everyone, you're all so sweet and supportive! xoxo

Early Bird Special said...

You're so cute! That's how I found out about your gorgeous creations. From the SS blog! I am in awe of your beautiful stitching, and I'm looking forward to following your blog and on Twitter.

Hugs & Stitches!
Amy