Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary To Us

Yep, Douglas and I had our one year wedding anniversary this week. That's our top tier from the wedding cake we saved. We almost forgot about it, and it's a good thing we weren't waiting in mouth-watering anticipation, because it was sooo gross! Well the original tasted fine but freezer-burned buttercream is just... ew. I don't recommend it.
We didn't do anything special to celebrate. We were planning to have a weekend at the romantic cabins where we had our little honeymoon but it didn't really work out. Maybe when it gets cool again in the fall we can go for a belated celebration, and I'll remake the cake, only yummier!
I hope you like weddings, because this week I'm going to show you some photos, craft projects, and recipes from ours! If you don't, stay tuned anyway. I mean who doesn't want to learn to make raspberry truffles or close to a thousand paper flowers?

PS. I want to tell you that my daughter is from a previous marriage. Just had to clear that up!

5 comments:

Blasé said...

It's the memory that counts!

janet said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Be sure to come visit me on Monday...I think you will enjoy my post...;-)

My Life Under the Bus said...

Happy Anniversary !

SewSweetStitches said...

THanks errybuddy!

Wendy Wright said...

Happy Anniversary! :)