Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Craft Supplies!

The downside to having a relatively new business is that most of all the income goes straight back into supplies. The upside is... I get to shop for supplies a lot?

Vintage buttons:
I've pretty much cleaned out all the interesting vintage plastic buttons of the antique shops in Waynesville. Crap.

I think I could incorporate these flowery earrings into some embroidered jewelry, but I kinda want to just keep them and wear them!

The craft store rarely has any interesting colors of leather, so I was really excited to find this magenta piece.

These beads will look great on an embroidered collar necklace with this leather, I hope!

I also got some wood embroidery hoops. I plan to paint them and put the giant peacock fascinators in them as wall hangings, like you guys suggested! And I got a wood picture frame. I'm going to try painting that and putting embroidered flowers on it, can't wait to see how it turns out!
Also I've been looking for miniature wood embroidery hoops to use as necklace pendants. The smallest I can find is three inches. Anyone know where I can get them smaller?

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Yay for new supplies!! Have you searched Etsy for smaller hoops?

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Awesome! I looove vintage buttons, and those earrings are so cute!

Mary Lynne said...

If you do not need both pices of the embroidery hoop, could wooden curtain (cafe curtain) rings work for you? I used these years ago for framing counted cross stitch miniatures as Christmas ornaments. I think they would make great necklace pendants!