Friday, May 14, 2010

Date Night

The movie. And a literal date night, for Douglas and me. Yay!
He was off work today, so we took my little nephew to my grandparents' house for a visit. I love visiting them, we could talk and talk for hours. Well actually that's exactly what we do.
Anyway, after Baby went home, Douglas and I went to a nice restaurant for dinner. My awesome brother and sister-in-law gave us a gift card for our anniversary. Yay! We both had artichoke and spinach and tomato and basil and cheese and chicken penne. The menu called it something else of course, but whatever, it was delicious. 
And then we went to a movie, which we have not done the entire time we've been married. I kinda wanted to see The Backup Plan, but Douglas talked me into Date Night. Good choice. It was hilaaaaarious! Seriously, well ok the opposite of seriously, I don't remember ever laughing so hard at a movie.

It even has a hilarious car chase scene that rivals the one in the original Blues Brothers. And who doesn't love Tina Fey and Steve Carell AND Marky Mark?? Oh yeah.
And I have to say something corny. (Is using the word corny actually corny?) I also loved this movie because it is just like Douglas and me. I mean, we haven't been tracked by bad cop mobsters or anything, but part of the storyline is how the wife is a... well... you know, "witch," because she is always trying to control everything and she doesn't trust the husband to do anything. That is SO us! Except we don't make out on our front lawn at the end. Partly because we have no lawn.
Moral of the story: If you are kidnapped by dirty cops, your husband will figure out an awesome plan.  If your husband is Steve Carell, he will make you laugh really hard while executing said awesome plan. And if you happen to be Tina Fey, you get to be rescued in a pair of really great legs. The end.
The downside is that I ate an entire box of Junior Mints and now I'm like bleh. Also, the movie cost like $22. Bleh. And I must be getting old or something because the very large screen made my eyes hurt really bad. Maybe I need new glasses?
Oh, and I wore this today:

Coolest headband ever! From ThreadRare!
Look how crooked my glasses are. Definitely need new glasses!
Anyway, did you guys see the movie, did you like it?

1 comment:

futuregirl said...

Awesome headband! You look so super cute!