Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Feeling Stitchy

Remember the Feeling Stitchy embroidery contest I was talking about? Just in case you didn't go and browse the flickr pool, I wanted to show you some of my favorite entries!











So far I've just been entering my gigantic fascinators and a couple iPhone cozies. Like I said, they may or may not be accepting entries in a "rainbow" category, so it may be all for nothing. BUT I do have a plan... 
Ok so imagine my pink embroidered flowers in varying sizes and shades arranged around a 6" embroidery hoop. The middle would just be plain green felt with maybe some swirly vines and tiny glass beads on the ends. Like this coffee cozy:

And then maybe covering the edges of the hoop could be scallops like this?

What do you guys think?

6 comments:

Christina said...

Wow those are all so amazing!! I really like your idea. :)

wildwoodflwr said...

These are some of my favorite entries too! Thanks so much for including me.

I really like your idea of using your felt pieces in an embroidery hoop. But I can't encourage the competition too much. ;)

jenni said...

I think you're so awesome. I kind of want you to revisit one of your tattoo designs that you showed on the blog, oh, simply ages ago. You're such a talented artist!

(PS, I'd just like you to know I totally misread my word verification code: cotters.)

Annet said...

Thanks for showing my embroidery! I like your favourites too. Your coffee cozy is lovely, I don't think I want to use it for coffee!

Caitlin T. said...

thank you so much for including my doily! these are such lovely picks! i really like the first one by JammySage--excellent french knots!

rinks said...

hi,
thanks so much to include me in this list!! i really loved your other favourites too!!!