Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Month of The Custom Order

I've had several custom orders lately, which invariably causes me to stitch at the speed of a sloth. A sloth who... stitches? Right.
I feel like making a cozy? No problem, let me just stitch one up. YOU want me to make you a cozy? Sure... let me just uh..... *three weeks later* .... It's ready!
Apparently I am not one of those people who works better under pressure. Also I have a tendency to get a little carried away with my designs. If I have to make something more than once, I'll always want to add more to it. I don't know when to stop, and I worry that my customer won't like the extra frou-frou,  so I send many indecisive convos throughout the process.
But I love the custom orders, because the customer comes up with some really cute ideas and color combinations I would never have thought of.

Anyway, here's what I've been working on all month:

iPhone/iPod Cozy

Coffee Cup Cozy

Pincushion

iPhone/iPod Cozies

Matryoshka Dolls

Mini Fascinator Hair Clips

So, everyone's order is finished and now I can make something I want to make! *sigh* That's not true, actually, now I'll make more iPhone cozies!

But first I have to brood over the Feeling Stitchy contest. I've been entering the Rainbow category, which does not even officially exist. But none of my things fit into the single color categories. And anyway it doesn't much matter because I just came from browsing the contest flickr pool and... Wow. There are some insanely talented people out there. They make me want to rip down my comparably lame entry from their virtual wall and crumple it up, throw it on the floor, stomp on it, and run from the [virtual] room in tears.

I know, I'm getting pretty worked up about this. But do you know what the grand prize is? The entire collection of DMC floss colors. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?! It means... uh... well, it means I'd own the entire collection of DMC floss colors!! But I know there's no way. And I'm not just saying that because I want you all to soothe my hurt feelings over everyone else's embroidery fabulousness. Did I mention the flickr pool?
Go. Browse. Drool.

4 comments:

ElegantSnobbery said...

Holy moly, you make the world's cutest things. I can't even decide what I like best, they are all so stinking cute.

CrowNology said...

These are so fabulous!
I love your work.
xo
Andrea

rinks said...

lovely colors!! i love your work!!

SewSweetStitches said...

Aw thanks errybuddy!
And Marisa, those iPhone cozies are aaaaall thanks to you, dahling!