Monday, May 3, 2010

Movin Up

Guess what I just ordered?
After a lot of research and a lot of bugging people on twitter and the etsy forums, I've made the decision. I need a die cut machine.
I chose the Sizzix Big Shot. Now I can [hopefully] cut flowers at a blazing speed and turn out hair clips faster. I never thought I'd reach this point. I kind of like the look of hand-cut pieces, I mean I think you can always tell which are done by hand and which are pre-cut. But it is sooo annoying to do all the time, and I end up scrapping a lot of felt that way too. Now all I have to do is find the flower shapes I like that will work with wool felt!

Miniature Peacock Fascinators - A custom order for two little girls

This decision was also fueled, in part, by the amount of custom orders I've had lately. I feel bad making people wait. And a juice bottling company contacted me about making 60 cozies for some kind of summer thing, but they'd have to be done by June. After doing some research about the insulating material they requested, I decided it just wasn't going to work. I mean it takes me all day just to make one of those, I'd have to hire help! But maybe now I can have a stash of flowers prepared in case I ever run across another amazing offer like that!
iPhone/iPod Cozy- A custom order with cupcakes and birds


 Oh and today I get my little nephew back! I haven't seen him in over a week since I was sick, and I can't believe how much stronger he's grown. And he's rolling over! And getting very angry when he gets stuck on his side!

 This morning he spit up on both of his jammies, so I ended up putting him in one of Carly's baby sleepers. that I saved. He's wearing pink bunnies haha!

So I'm really excited about getting the Sizzix and seeing what it can do. I also just placed a nice big wool felt order, so I'm looking forward to making some iPhone cozies!
Do you have a die cut machine, what do you like to use it for?


5 comments:

Ellen said...

Good for you! probably a great purchase....smiles.

Liz Noonan said...

you def need this machine! i had no idea it cut through felt, that's awesome! and really that's too bad you had to turn down a gig...but at least you are growing!

Good Girls Studio said...

I didn't know they could cut through felt! Shame you had to miss out on that big order but hooray that you are so busy you needed to get a machine to help!

The Cookie Button said...

Love the ipod/iphone case :)

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks ladies!