Sunday, May 2, 2010

One More Dress, I Can't Decide

Ok there's one more dress I'm considering wearing to the wedding next weekend, so I need your opinion again. I love this one because it's colorful and fun and it's an excuse to wear hot pink ruffly satin shoes! I think I know what the outcome will be, since everyone liked the black one last time, but just incase...

And I was thinking about wearing it with this necklace I made, but I'm worried it's too much for the dress:


Here's what the necklace looks like:

And incase you didn't see it, here's the [boring but elegant] black dress in question:

And after Friday's comments, I wanted to be a little more clear. I don't think I'm fat. I'm fine with my weight. What bothers me is that although I'm at the same weight I was before I had a baby, for some odd reason the weight is now made up of jiggly flab, and it's in all the wrong places. And really I wouldn't even care about that so much, I mean I'm a girl that appreciates her ice cream, but I have a closet full of clothes that I really like and that make me happy, so I need to fit back into them. The problem is that those clothes are from the juniors section of the department store, and I seem to fit into the misses section these days. Well more accurately, my butt fits in the misses section. My middle and top fit in the juniors. (Another reason to learn to sew my own clothes.) I'm sorry, but the misses section is just boring! I do appreciate how it has more modest-cut clothes, but where's the color? Where are the beads, and sequins, and ruffles??
....Getting off topic. The point is, I'm not encouraging unrealistic or unhealthy body images.

Ok so tell me:
-Which do you like better?
-Is the rose necklace too much for the rose dress?
Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

ElegantSnobbery said...

Oh my I want both of those. I would go with the black one (because that is my personal fave) but that necklace and shoes with that cherry one is ridiculously cute! So... um... can you stuff one in your purse and change halfway through? B/c I'd wear both!! :)

Whimsical Creations said...

I agree with Marisa. I LOVE both of the dresses.

I would wear the pink shoes with the black dress. =)

I LOVE that necklace. So pretty!

bitt of raw said...

I think the necklace would look better with the black dress, it's a bit much with all the pink.

great pieces!

baglady said...

I was thinking the same thing- the rose necklace and cute pink shoes with the black dress- it was snazz it up a bit.

Liz Noonan said...

i loved the yellow dress, lol!
but if its between the black and pink, go w/the pink w/your super cool accessories.
LOVE the necklace!

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks everybody for the feedback!