Monday, May 17, 2010

Sometimes It Feels Just Like I'm Falling In The Ocean

Do you guys like that song? I do. Sometimes.
I mean, it's kind of depressing and sad, but there are days when it just fits so well. And I'm one of those people who tends to wallow in my misery occasionally! Normally I'd say I'm pretty cheerful and optimistic, but every once in a while I just have a bad day. Like today.


I could bore you with all the miserable details, but basically I'm bummed because my daily To Do list has only one thing marked off: Dinner. Actually that part of the day was really awesome- Not making it so much, but eating it. Chicken Ranch Mac and Cheese. MMmmmmm.
Anyway, it wasn't even like I wasted time today. I wanted to get all the ironing done and make the kitchen sparkle. And I thought I did, but by late afternoon I'd somehow found more clean clothes that need ironing and the dishes were piled twice as high. Oh, and I'm behind on several custom orders. How does this happen?? 
On top of that I had the baby today, (I mean as in babysitting, not giving birth) and bless his little heart he does NOT like to be put down! And my own offspring contributed by grinding Cheez-Its into the rug so that she could vacuum them with her pretend vacuum.

You know what, though? In the grand scheme of things that could go terribly wrong, that doesn't sound so bad, does it? I feel much better. (Which is no excuse to not have the consolation ice cream.)
Thanks guys you're the best!

7 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

I love how just getting something off our chest automatically makes the annoyances seem less looming & manages to lighten our load :)( Celebrate your crossing that one thing off the list with ice cream! Perhaps you'll cross off 2 tomorrow!

Kim said...

Sending hugs your way.

Ellen said...

BIG SMILES.......

Glamour Bbey. said...

Hay dear blogger!
How are you? I'm glad that I've visited this blog! She's lovely.

Please, check mine too & maybe we can follow eachother!
Love, Cindy.

ElegantSnobbery said...

I learned the hard way, that in order to feel like I've accomplished stuff on my to-do list, I need to make sure my to-do list has accomplishable stuff. Such as

1. make coffee
2. drink coffee
3. take a shower
4. read a good book
5. watch a cute romantic comedy
6. maybe do a load of laundry

Then if I don't get to item number 6, at least I've crossed off all the rest, right? Mission accomplished! :D

Don't be hard on yourself. Tomorrow is a new day, and there is always time to catch up!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Aw, I'm sorry. I've been in a funk lately, too - maybe it's going around? Ice cream sounds like a fabulous idea. I hope your week gets better!

SewSweetStitches said...

Aww you guys are great, and Marisa: HILARIOUS! I feel much better :)