Sunday, June 6, 2010

Handmade Skirts


Here are the skirts I made for me and my daughter. I used this super simple tutorial from Polka Dot Cottage. Except of course I'd never be lucky enough to find a pretty vintage sheet, so this is just quilting cotton. 

And I made the hem like four inches deep. I'm such a sucker for matching clothes! Hey, I have to make her wear them now before she's old enough to stop me! I think I may take some fabric out of Carly's, it's a little overwhelming for her. And then maybe add some ricrac peeking out under the hem? I love me some ricrac! I've been trying to come up with a way to use it in my embroidered jewelry. Hmmmm......


I also have a couple yards of this fabric in pink and orange, but I just want to make more skirts! Any ideas?

4 comments:

Christina said...

Good job! They are very pretty skirts. I like the fabric a lot.

ElegantSnobbery said...

LOVE!!! And how cute are YOU to matchy-match with your daughter. Love it.

jenni said...

How did I miss this? Sooo cute!

(PS--what's that fabric? I love it and don't recognize it...shocker, I know.)

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks ladies!
The fabric is Veras Garden by Robert Kaufman