Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Stitching Away...

This weekend is our annual Bible convention. It's three days long, and so much fun. Besides all the great information, we get to spend time with our friends from all over the area that we don't get to see a lot. When I was little, my mom made matching dresses for us, and I loved wearing them to the convention. So I've started a tradition with my little girl to have something matchy to wear each year. At least until she gets old enough to protest how uncool it is.
So that's what I'll be working on the rest of the week. I'm going to use this dress tutorial for Carly, and a similar commercial pattern for me. I posted pictures of the fabric here. And you know I'll have to make matching hair accessories!

Here's another project I've been working on:
It's a secret. I mean, I'm sure you can tell what it is from the photo, but it goes with a bigger project. It's a surprise present for someone who occasionally peeks in on my blog, so I can't show you yet! But I'm so excited, I can't wait.

And this just came in the mail:
It's a pansy flower die. Obviously. I'm going to see how they look as hair clips and go from there!

1 comment:

Amber Lynn said...

Is it a clutch? Wetbag? The fabric is to die for!