Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Crazy for Coconut

...And pineapple. Which is really bizarre. I mean, I've always liked pineapple, but I've never gone through at least two per week! I can't stop eating them. Fresh pineapple is like candy to me. Plus it's cheaper to buy them fresh than canned.
And I'm obsessed with anything coconut flavored. I think it started a while back with the Coconut Snickers. Soooo good. And now they have Coconut M&Ms. Amazing.


Limited time only. That's why I have to eat as many as I can now. Pair these with a cup of coconut hot chocolate from Dunkin Donuts- Mmmmmm....

And here's a new chicken dish I tried recently:


Coconut Chicken
  • Chicken breast
  • Fresh Ginger
  • Fresh lemon juice
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Fresh pineapple
  • Coconut milk 
  • Jasmine rice
  • Sweetened shredded coconut
  1. Follow the instructions on the rice package to make 2 cups, substituting coconut milk for half of the water. Add some shredded coconut when you add the rice.
  2. While the rice is cooking, saute the chopped onion and garlic in oil. Stir fry the chicken. Add the ginger, lemon juice, shredded coconut, and coconut milk. Simmer until thick and bubbly and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
  3. Serve over rice with fresh chopped pineapple.
Really easy! And so yummy. I added sugar to my sauce, but I love everything super sweet. It never really thickened up, but that's ok. The rice was so moist that it didn't really need a thick sauce. This smelled heavenly while it was cooking!
I was going to try a coconut cream pie for dessert, but didn't get around to it. Then I was trying to come up with a Mounds Bar cupcake. Like, a chocolate cupcake with Mounds Bar filling. And then chocolate frosting with a hard chocolate ganache shell on top! You guys think it would work?
Or maybe a Mounds Bar cheesecake. We're hosting Game Night this weekend for a group of friends, and it's my tradition to make a cheesecake. I was thinking of the Nutella cheesecake, but we're also going to make mojitos and pina coladas. So maybe a coconut chocolate cheesecake would go well? Off to google recipes!

2 comments:

ElegantSnobbery said...

Oh that recipe looks delicious... but you said coconut cream pie... and now that is all I can think about. I WANT!

Good Girls Studio said...

I'm drooling all over my keyboard! Yummo!