Monday, July 26, 2010

Super Simple Handmade Dress for Little Girls

 I found the cutest tutorial for a summer dress. This is the "In The Garden" dress at From An Igloo.


I love being able to use coordinating prints from a fabric line in one dress. This is Heather Bailey's Pop Garden. Carly loves it because it's so full- It makes the perfect twirling dress!

Like I said, it was really really simple. It only took me one evening. Well ok, it would have only taken me one evening if I had followed the directions the first time instead of ripping out seams and starting over twice. Using less than two yards of fabric, I'd say it's a great bargain for around $12!

You know I love ricrac! I used it on the neckline and the hem:
With the stretchy shirred back, she'll [hopefully] be able to wear it next year too!


Obligatory silly pose:
I love making clothes that don't require actual patterns. Have you seen any good tutorials lately?

11 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

so cute! I want one :)

Hello there! My name is June said...

Absolutely adorable!

janet said...

Again...which is cuter...the dress or your daughter??? I would love to find a cutie like her to model my little girls felted sweaters!!!!
Beautiful dress..you're so talented!

Janet xox

Amber Lynn said...

Adorable! I just bookmarked that tutorial.

ElegantSnobbery said...

Seriously, I just want to scoop her up and squeeze her. You have the cutest daughter EVER.

Christina said...

Oh that looks so pretty! Wow you have some skillz there! :)

Cat said...

Love the dress and I adore the "twirl" shots! Looks like the perfect "twirling" dress :)

Christine said...

I LOVE your dress. It is just so beautiful and the ric rac is a darling touch! Thanks for sharing your photos with me, your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

Christine@ fromanigloo

Ashley Vaughn said...

I would love to look at the tutorial, but it says you have to be invited? Can you let me know how I can get invited to see the tutorial on the blog. Thanks!

Maree Parker said...

I would love to see this tutorial too! This is the exact dress I have been trying to find out how to make!! Any chance you have the instructions that you could share? :D

joy said...

Be proud of what you have and be sports in whatever you do.Thanks for sharing your article and keep on posting.Visit my site if you have time.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net