Saturday, July 24, 2010

This Could Be A Great Weekend...

...To have a Girls Night!
Even if it is just with your little girl....


Douglas is working with his brother-in-law at his roofing company for who knows how long, and he's staying with family since it's quite a drive south. Everything is up in the air right now, and I'm feeling so out of whack. Which means not feeling like doing anything, especially not being productive. So after my little nephew went home last night, Carly and I had a girls night!

First we stocked up on snacks:

I tried to tell her she wouldn't like those, but she didn't listen. When I was little I always picked those out too, and always regretted it. They're disgusting! But the box looks so fun and tempting, I couldn't help it! Sure enough, most of them ended up scattered around the apartment by this morning.

Oh, and I discovered that our local Kmart has one of those old-fashioned carousels!

When I was little, the Kmart near my grandparents' house had one, and I always got a ride. It's not there anymore, and who goes to Kmart these days anyway? This one just happened to be next to the Blockbuster by our apartment, so that's where we stopped for candy. So glad we did!
Next we chose the movies for the evening. And when I say we, I mean the three-year-old:

Then after picking up some chicken nuggets, we settled in for a fun-filled evening with Dora:

I dragged her mattress out to the living room, which she thought was very exciting. I tried to bring my embroidery out to work on while she watched the movies, but I just couldn't get anything right. That happens when I'm in a funk. My stitches are ugly and I ruin everything I touch. So I watched Cinderella with her. It's actually one of my favorite Disney movies, maybe because we don't own it and so I haven't watched it a zillion times! I've always loved the scene where the mice and birds help to sew her ball gown.

You know you want to watch it.

"Leave the sewing to the women, you go get some trimmin!"
Oh so cute!

6 comments:

janet said...

Big Smile!!!!!!

ElegantSnobbery said...

Oh man, you take the CUTEST pictures of Carly! Of course it helps the you have the cutest daughter... but still... you capture the sweetest moments!!

Sabrina said...

Fun days with your little girl are precious like that! When my hubby is out of town, I dread the "coming up with fun stuff to do" task. It always ends up being fun and girly though!

Ayelet said...

Carly is adorable! A Mother dougher day/night fun time is a must:)

Ellen said...

Oh thank you so much! I love those little blue birds....smiles.

Hollie May said...

this is a precious lil memory! so glad you shared it with us! your lil one is just a dolly!!!! cinderella is soo nostalgic ")`