Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweet Finds

Remember when I started the Sweet Finds flickr group a while back? Welllllll we're up to 17 members, and I thought I would show off just a few participants:

DSC_2275edit2
More exquisite photos from Jen here

all the colours of the rainbow....
I am nuts about this mobile! I'm picturing it in curtain form for Carly's room.

I have several pieces of Heather's jewelry in my favorites!

Robot!
Cutest. Card. EVERRR.


Catbird
I knew Lara was a talented jewelry maker, but I had no idea she could stitch too!


Chocolate and Roses Cupcake
This print from Marisa is my favorite, but it is hard to choose. If you like sock monkeys, bunnies, mushroom houses, or anything cute, you must check out her shop!


If you have anything cute to share, please join my flickr group. It doesn't have to be something you sell, it can be anything pretty or sweet.


In other news, guess what I'm doing tomorrow. 
Starting my new job!

I'm trying not to think about it too much because I might get nervous. So far, the thing I'm most anxious about is what to wear. I have a closet full of adorable business-casual clothes from when I worked at a bank last year, but they don't fit anymore :(
I have a new eating plan: Four meals per day of 400 calories each. Or less, and then I can fit in healthy snacks. And really, I don't want to go at this like a diet. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want to learn to eat healthy all the time. 
Now I'm not saying  I'm cutting out chocolate frosting or anything, but I want to set a better example for Carly. She's gotten used to snacking all day, and not on anything good. I'm hoping that if we just stop buying junk, eventually she will accept that if she wants a snack, she can eat something like carrots and peanut butter or stay hungry.
So I made a list of all the things that work in the 400-calorie meal plan. It doesn't look so bad. I can still arrange the choices to include the occasional brownie. Also, I could eat things off the Taco Bell fresco menu all day every day. Woohoo!
If I add a workout or an uphill walk every evening, I can meet my fitness goal before it gets cold enough for my winter clothes. Woohoo!

3 comments:

janet said...

Good luck with your new job. As for your eating regimen..my advice would be to eliminate High Fructose Corn Syrup...I think the USA is the only country where it is still legal. It is poison.
Choose carefully at Taco Bell..most of the Fresco menu is very high in sodium and cholesterol...not good for healthy eating. Pack your lunch...saves money and will be much healthier ;-)

Janet xox

PS...now go get em Tonto!

Christina said...

Those are really pretty items!

Congrats on starting your new job, I hope it goes smoothly!

Your eating plan sounds good! Good luck! :)

Susi said...

I LOVE sneak on ur blogg, sooo much eyecandy !!!!!!!!