Sunday, September 12, 2010

Treasury Time! Variations on a theme

I'm having a lot of fun doing a set of treasuries with color variations on a theme.
This weekend I'm using one of my favorite songs ever, Pale September by Fiona Apple. The lyrics are exquisite:

Pale September, I wore the time like a dress that year
The Autumn days swung softly around me like cotton on my skin
But as the embers of the summer lost their breath and disappeared
My heart went cold and only hollow rhythms resounded from within


 What kind of images does that bring to mind for you? I'm picturing soft, floaty, ethereal, romantic things. Here are my three color schemes....


PS. I used this new tool to bring the buying info straight to my blog! Pretty cool huh? So if you want to see more detail, just click on the item to go straight to the listing page.

'Pale September Evening' 


Fading - 5x7 Fine Art Print ...
$15

Music and Rhythm (5x7 Unfram...
$15

Carved Bowl in Blue and Pink...
$38

I Do
$785

Rose Dust Lace Clutch
$54

Small Bridesmaid Swarowski M...
$11

Sweetheart HANDSPUN yarn, th...
$35

She Knows - Fine Art Photogr...
$30

Vintage 1950s LILAC SMOKE Pa...
$120

Pale Pink SHAWL
$85

The innocent - Antiqued bras...
$32

Gothic violet - Tussah Silk...
$32

Pearl drop - pale peach
$19

vintage lilac dancing dress
$58

Muted (5 by 7 Fine Art Photo...
$15


'Pale September Morning' 


Pale Yellow Rosette on an Ad...
$10

Naked Lace - Handspun Organi...
$37.5

Morning Melody Catching Lig...
$35

Pistachio - Earrings . Sterl...
$14

BOGO SALE - Pinecones - 5x7 ...
$15

Charming Yellow Summer Day D...
$20

Earrings Pale Yellow Citrine...
$23

Old memories are like old me...
$30

Life is like a Journey (8x8...
$30

Peachy Beige Enamel Stud Ear...
$24

Music 10 x 8 Print
$25

Triple strand cuff bracelet ...
$23

Handmade Jointed Bear - Butt...
$119

a thing of beauty, a 5x5 ph...
$15

Ruffled Ivory Lace Ring
$16


Pale September Dusk


Fading mist - Silk/BabyCame...
$42.5

White Rosette Messenger
$140

vintage VANiTY FAiR lace nig...
$35

SALE - Hope Floats - 5 x 5
$8

Origami Butterflies in Shade...
$3

Dusty turquoise and charcoal...
$13.5

Shore Birds - 8x10 Fine Art ...
$28

Lovely Lingerie Legs - 8X10 ...
$35

Blue Hand Crocheted Lace Ve...
$70

Soft Like Milk 5x5 Original ...
$15

BENEATH THE SURFACE Earrings
$15

Icy blue handspun wool yarn,...
$18

Vintage 1960s Blue Delphiniu...
$68

Organic Moonlight Blue - Han...
$26

Vintage 1950s Pale Pink Ball...
$130



6 comments:

Christina said...

Those are sooooo gorgeous!!

Emom said...

Really....Truly....Beautiful....smiles.

emily b said...

Wow, these are really beautiful!

jenni said...

Really lovely. (Although I gravitate toward the "I've been a bad, bad girl..." Fiona Apple.) :)

Good Girls Studio said...

I pretty much want to move into & live in your treasuries! Soo romantic :)

Susi said...

As usual only eye-candy on ur blog!!!
I am looking for the 3rd time on the vintage pumpkin dress on etsy....i so want it.....