Monday, January 31, 2011

The Creeping Crud...

...I haz it. 
It's probably just a chest cold, but a really horribly mean one. I woke up Wednesday morning and actually visualized my little lung thingies filled with play-doh. Because that's what it felt like. And kind of what it looked like, when I was able to cough some up on Thursday. I took a decongestant, which turned out to be a bad move because then it all drained back down and I threw it back up. It was chewy.
Aren't you glad you stopped by my blog today?


Anyway, I'm back at work and self-medicating with a bucket o' vanilla coke with extra vanilla shots. It helps, but I'm still miserable from the giant pointy dagger stuck in my neck- Saturday night I took a cold pill and fell into a comatose state for many many hours with my head resting at an awkward angle on my own shoulder. So today I wore a turtleneck and stuffed it with alternating hot and ice packs. Turns out I picked the perfect day to come to work as a mucus-spewing hunchback since my new manager is moving my desk next to her office on the third floor. Way to make a first impression.
I should probably stop singing the theme song to The Jeffersons before I get up there...

2 comments:

Christina said...

icky! hahaha
I hope you feel better soon.

Ellen said...

HAHAHAHAAAA! Oh I am sorry, but that was quite the visual...smiles.