Thursday, February 10, 2011

On Dollhouses

I've always wanted a dollhouse, and I don't mean a plastic Fisher Price dollhouse with stickers of rugs and fireplaces. I mean a real wood one, that I can paint crazy victorian colors and plaster with real bits of vintage wallpaper. I've been trying to restrain myself, mainly because I'd have to completely rearrange my living room to accommodate it. Also because Carly would probably shred it into sawdust very quickly, but she's four now. Is that big enough yet? I can't wait any longer!

It doesn't help that I'm always discovering tiny little adorables for dollhouses on etsy...


bone collection in wooden sp...
$25.00

Antique Porcelain Hand Paint...
$38.00

Miniature Artist Paint Box (...
$45.00

Pop-up patchwork dollhouse (...
$30.00

3 Antique Look Miniature Por...
$36.00

Vintage Miniature Clothing I...
$9.00

Towel stand
$13.00

Butterscotch Bakelite look R...
$16.00

Miniature Sampler Alphabet w...
$25.00

Miniature Felted Ball Garlan...
$5.00

Artists' porfolio one 24...
$6.25

Dough Trough
$125.00

Victorian Style Metal Doll B...
$39.99

Miniature chair
$25.00

Handamade 1/12 miniature pre...
$10.50

Couldn't you just die from the cuteness??
My dollhouse residents are going to be very crafty:

Patchwork Shop Shelf Unit by Little House At Priory
 Look at the tiny little Quilting magazine on the top middle shelf! I can't stand the cuteness.


Floor Loom by Keenderson Miniatures
This handmade loom is under five inches tall! The detail is incredible!

The Shabby Cottage by Boubous
Carly would go nuts for this little cottage! I love how she used fabric, so unique!

Did you have a dollhouse growing up?

3 comments:

janet said...

loved the adorable shabby cottage!!

Janet xox

Just Barb said...

I had the most amazing dollhouse that my grandfather made, and my grandmother decorated...complete with paper mache bowls of fruit, handmade curtains, stone fireplace, and even a tin foil "mirror" in the bathroom (which also had a paper mache toilet!)....my sister had children first and a daughter...so she inherited it eons ago and I wish so badly I knew where it was now...my Grandparents made one for my cousin the same year and they were so beautiful and thoughtful!

Rhiannon Nicole said...

Oh my goodness my Dad built me a dollhouse when I was younger and furnishing it was the highlight of my life. Imagine having etsy then? You found such darling little pieces to furnish a doll house with. Adorable xo