Monday, February 7, 2011

On This Day Four Years Ago....

My munchkin was born. Also answers to Carlybug, Chicken Face, Chicken Head, Chicken Butt, Toadlet, Gooberbaby, and Goonybird.

I try to remember what it felt like to hold her when she was tiny, or what she smelled like, or what her cries sounded like. I really can't, and that's so sad. This calls for at trip down memory lane....


Here I am being put to bed the night before her delivery. Since she was 10 days overdue, I was induced which was actually pretty nice. That way my dad could paint my toenails for me and I wouldn't be embarrassed in the delivery room with unpainted toenails. The horror, right? Oh boy was I in for a rude awakening....
So in that photo I'm pretty happy so far. My family took me out to dinner and I had a disgusting amount of cinnamon cream cheese pancakes and mashed potatoes. I'm the center of attention, and I got a sleeping pill. So far, so good. This baby-having thing isn't so bad as it's cracked up to be.


Oh but wait, now we're getting an IV. It's horrible, it's frightening, I'm getting pretty hysterical and in a few minutes I start sobbing from the sheer terror of the needle. Maybe this was not such a good idea.

Nope, definitely not a good idea. This sucks pretty bad actually. Look how big my head was, just from the horror of it all. My head swelled.

But then this thing came out:


Awwwww that was kind of worth it, right? Look at those tiny little toesies!


And she just kept getting cuter!


Yep, definitely worth it :)

5 comments:

Marisa Hopkins said...

AW, so darned cute!! Congrats!! I didn't realize she and my littlest kiddo are only a week apart!

janet said...

what a cutie!!

Lisa said...

But you skipped all the whining and crying between the IV and the actual delivery!! What a cop-out!

soisses said...

your girl is such a BEAUTY!!! so lovely her smile ;-)

i like that post about her. and i love the third picture. you look so funny. i`m sorry, but it is the truth...

=) dani

Rhiannon Nicole said...

Awe!! What a cutie :) A total doll!! xo