Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Our Weekend Cabin Getaway

 
Last weekend my husband and I took a little trip for our wedding anniversary. I was so excited because it was a complete and total surprise to him! I had been planning it for months and I can't believe I kept a secret for that long. I rented a cabin in Hocking Hills, Ohio. We've been there before, after our wedding, but this cabin was way cooler:


Of course, the rustic decor isn't really my style, but it had a really nice layout. There was a lovely porch on the back with a hot tub, and I loved having a kitchen. Even if I did only use it to bake pizza rolls.

This cabin and a few others in the area are owned by a family who lives at the bottom of the hill. All the kids help take care of the business, and they had a little homemade crafts display, it was so cute!


My favorite thing about the trip was this:

Daaaaniiiish!!!
And our friend Patty made as a present, she's so sweet!


And I made oreo fudge:
(I can't remember where I got the recipe, but it's basically half a bag of white chocolate chips, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and crushed oreos.)
We also had mint fudge brownies, turtle cheesecake, and cinnamon rolls. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't want to eat sugar again for a long, long time!

The last time we went to Hocking Hills, we went hiking for hours and hours and hours and I feel like I never ever need to do that again. But I still brought my compass that my dad gave me last week! I have no sense of direction whatsoever. Also, that is not how you hold a compass properly. Pretty sure I'm doomed to be lost no matter what if I were stuck in the woods by myself!
Also the last time we were here, we browsed a little souvenier shop and there was a tiny indian baby in a tiny little moccasin, and I wanted to get it for Carly but we didn't. And I've suffered non-buyer's remorse ever since, so we went back and found it.

When I was a kid, I loved collecting rocks from touristy places like this. Sure enough, Carly was happiest with the little bag of glittery rocks we picked out for her!

A vending machine for bait??

And the obligatory rock candy. Love that stuff.

1 comment:

andrea creates said...

looks like you had a great time-
those desserts look delicious too!!