Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It will all be worth it, right? Right???


It's been almost a week since I started tracking my calories and exercise, and I haven't lost a single pound. Of course, I totally bombed over the weekend so that might have something to do with it. Dorothy Lane Market was calling me. Douglas was working, so Carly and I had a "girls night". This means I pick up the latest kids movie from Redbox and drag her mattress out to the living room and let her pick out whatever snack she wants. Of course she picks the softball-sized mini chocolate cake with three inches of glitter frosting on top. I vowed to only get one macaroon. But there were pink, and green, and cream, and chocolate and I just lost all control. I should have just gone all the way with a Killer Brownie.


That, my friends, is a third of a pound of sin that tastes so good it hurts. Literally, my mouth hurts after I eat one of these. But in a hurts-so-good kind of way, you know? One day, when I just can't take it any more, I'm going to buy a whole brownie, cut it into tiny cubes, and eat nothing but brownie all day long. Actually I might have to stretch that over two days because I think there are close to 3,000 calories in one. They also come in german chocolate, blondie, extra chocolate chip, cream cheese, peanut butter, raspberry, ohmygod why am I doing this to myself??!!

Ok, regroup. Focus. Eating healthy.

I think I'm ok.
Let's continue.
So anyway I'd like to give a special shout-out (is it still cool to say that? Was it ever cool to say that?) to the good folks at Wendy's for making the Berry Almond Chicken Salad.


This is fantastic. And it's salad. And I'm saying it's fantastic. So you know it has to be. And the very filling half size only has 270 calories. The raspberry vinaigrette dressing is amaaaaazing. The only thing I don't like are the dandelion leaves. I swear that's what they are. And they taste exactly like dirt smells. But there are also big purple leaves, which I can gag down if I tear them up smaller. And spinach. I like spinach. I know, crazy talk. Last year when they came out with the Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad, I was all about it. To save money, I tried making my own but it just wasn't the same. So now I'm on a fruit-with-chicken kick, but Douglas doesn't like that. Hey more for me, right?

I've also been walking. I picked up a new pair of Skechers Tone-Ups, which aren't as intense as the Shape-Ups, but they are much lighter and breath-able for summer. I do three miles at lunch on days where the temperature stays under 90 degrees. And I hate every step of it. I listen to my iPod, but I still hate it. There's a lovely walking park near our house, so I've been to that a few times this week.

I think the hardest part is when I get home from work, when I'm so hungry I feel too faint to park the car and get out. When I finally drag my jiggly body up to the third floor, I'll eat anything and everything. Also breakfast seems to take up an unpleasant amount of calories. This morning I tried a skinny latte with protein powder, and it was delicious. Unfortunately I don't have $4.05 to spend every single morning on flavored hot water :) I'm thinking of using  The Pioneer Woman's technique for bucket-o-iced-coffee, and then mixing in my own protein powder. (She also has a DLM Killer Brownie knockoff! mwahahahaaaa)

Anyway, I really hope this weight starts coming off soon because this is kind of taking over my life. It's all I think about, all I talk about, I'm getting so boring.

But it will all be worth it in six months, right?
Right???



1 comment:

Tracy said...

It will be worth it...I read somewhere that it takes upwards of three weeks to start seeing the results of diet change and working out...hang in there (I am doing the same thing with exercise & managing calories) It WILL be worth it!!!