Monday, June 27, 2011

The Official Best Outfit Ever

You know how I've been obsessed with Mary's deer headbands for, like, ever? I found a reason to get one. Not that I needed one before, but this is just too perfect to pass up. Serendipitous, I call it. And I love calling things that. It's a lovely word.

Ok, so imagine this dress:


With this headband:



I can't stand it.
The dress is just... I mean come on, it has GIANT SAILBOATS on it. But it also has a 26" waist. I have a terrible idea for cutting off the bodice and letting out a few gathers and turning it into a skirt instead, but I just don't think I could bring myself to hack up that dress. Raise your hand if you think I can lose 4 inches in 4 weeks? Come on people have a little faith. If I bought the dress, it would be my motivation to lose the 4 inches, right? Right? And if I reach my goal, I get the headband as a reward. Right? RIGHT??

Too bad I just got the most expensive speeding ticket in the history of the world yesterday.
Anyone want to be my sponsor? ;)

3 comments:

Mary P. said...

That dress is pretty bad ass. I hate to find stuff on etsy or in thrift shops that are just too small for me and yet sooo darling that you I to find a way to make some sacrifices...so I feel you there, girl. If you can't make the 4" :), I'd say the best you can do is just hope it goes to a good home. Or...say screw it and chop that sucker up.

and ps. you're too sweet to pair it with my tiny sailor dude. Thank you my dear.

Ali Jo Heusser said...

Where did you find that dress?!? I am absolutely in love with it! i'm such a nautical fan, i'm actually obsessed! you have to tell me where you found it!!!

SewSweetStitches said...

Oops! I think I put the wrong link in there by mistake. Or WAS it a mistake? Maybe it was a subconscious accident-on-purpose because I want it all for me hehe
Here's the link to the dress: http://www.etsy.com/listing/76706614/nautical-dress-pin-up-red-white-navy