Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stagnant

Ok, so it's been.... three weeks? Since I started counting every bite of food I put into my mouth? It's been almost a month, and I'm officially down one pound.
ONE. POUND.

Proof:

Um ok what??
How can this be happening?
I walk almost every day. I've had a non-stop headache for weeks from the hunger. What is going on here?


Oh wait. I guess I haven't been eating as healthy as I thought. Geez look at that green calorie line! It's like... out of control! Like my jean size. Seriously, I must have been eating like 7,000 calories a day before.
I just said "like", like fourteen times in one paragraph. The starvation is setting in and making me stupid. And unreasonable. Take a scientific guess at which days I cried and threw tantrums, based on the information from the second graph. And guess which days I was sublimely happy with a full tummy. It's the weekends that ruin everything, I think. Sigh.

This picture has nothing to do with the topic. That show is hilarious. And I love Saffy's sweater, which she wears in like every episode. Rainbow sheep teehee!

7 comments:

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

I hear you! It's so hard to lose weight! If you eat too much you gain weight IF you eat too little, your body thinks it's starving and signals your brain to "store fat!!!". Exercising makes you gain weight, because muscle weights more than the fat does. BUT after a while (how long is a while?) you will look skinnier even if you weigh more. Aggggghhhhh!!!

Holmes said...

Hi I don't know you and I'm sure you're beautiful as you are, but if you want to lose weight then I highly recommend Slimming World, I've lost loads since Christmas (one stone ten and half pounds) and I eat all the time but it's all the right foods, just spreading the good word.
Good luck, Kate x

The Fancy Lady said...

i lovee ab fab! not alot of people know about that show
i know the feeling i hate the headaches from not eating anything and the hunger i just keep telling myself one more day and my body will adjust to this , then i give in and eat a donut lol good luck though it will get easier

Mary P. said...

Girrrl, I'm gonna pull a mom on you and say: what were you doing on June 17 and 24 only consuming 700 cals? That net count better be because you exercised! Otherwise that is not ok!

I don't know what your food sources look like but just go nuts on the veggies (they fill you up) and fruits and snack on ? I have a pretty bad sugar addiction...and I've stopped eating as much as I did. It's really helped me feel better and more powerful because I. Can. Just. Say. NO! :)

Anyway. I remember once hearing: "it took a while to put it on, so it will take some time to take it off". It helps me to not stress over it - to just know that if you work at it and are consistent, it will happen (and obviously I know you can't just think yourself thin - - I am not the author of the Secret -- you have to eat right, exercise and all that.)

You can do it! You CAN! but figure out how you can not be hungry all day because that's a killer and will ruin anyone's attempt at lifestyle change. Srsly.

PS. and lastly I have to go there and say...maybe it's just "that time of the month" water retention?

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks guys for the support :)
I do a lot of fruit, I have a hard time with the veggies. Breakfast is coffee, lunch is usually chicken and rice soup, and dinner is whatever. I have noticed that I have less cravings for sweet things and savory things like I used to. I think I really need to pick up on the exercise and maybe it might start coming off faster!

(un)Deniably Domestic said...

Melissa - I am a new reader, so have not gone back farther to read more about what you are doing here, but I wonder if you are eating things with aspartame? Diet coke? If so, STOP! This will make a huge difference in how you are feeling at least, and how you are not losing at most. I am happy to share more if you feel like contacting me. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

The Heart in Hand Project

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks for reading Kelly! I've cut out sweetener too, except I just started using Stevia a little. Before last month, I didn't use a ton anyway. Occasionally Splenda in my tea, but that's about it!
I've lost about 5 pounds since I wrote this post, so it will gradually come off I suppose. Just not fast enough for me!