Monday, July 18, 2011

Movie Night! Letters To Juliet



For this month's Movie Night, we chose Italian food. Again. We really like Italian food. The movie was Letters To Juliet. The first time I saw this by myself at home, and I pretty much enjoyed it. It's not like the best movie I've ever seen or anything, and I probably wouldn't buy it, but it was a pleasant way to satisfy the chick flick mood. The story line was really sweet, but there were some gag-me-with-a-rusty-fork moments too. Anyway, when you watch it with a group of giggling girls those bits kind of get lost among all the cackling, leaving only the parts where we make childish vomiting noises during the sappy scenes.

(That was definitely one of them. And they did a really gross lip-suck kiss too. Shudder.)

Anyway, I made cannoli (cannolis? cannoles? I made whatever the plural form of cannoli is.) Courtney made pistachio gelato and bread salad. Talaya made tortellini spinach bake. Jamie brought wine and cheese, and Nichole made sangria.
Talaya added chicken, double cheese, and extra garlic, making it extra delizioso!



Bread salad is really... neat. Or some Italian word that means neat. Recipe is officially called Panzanella Salad, and you can get it here. I highly suggest you do. I didn't think I'd like all those veggies, but I did! And it's so pretty too.

 I don't know what was in this sangria, but all three glasses that I had were amaaaaazing. And may or may not have been responsible for uncontrollable giggling and Google+ post attempts:

(Jamie and Nichole. Aren't they adorable?)


Oh, and my husband made this... stuff. It has cherry tomatoes, black olives, and mozzarella tossed in salad vinegar with basil. I'm pretty sure I ate several pounds of it over the weekend.
I'm going to post the cannoli recipe/process tomorrow, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Marisa Hopkins said...

Okay, I'm totally doing movie night at your place. TOTALLY.

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

It all looks delicious! And I think more than one cannoli is spelled "YUM! But now I need to go on a diet and lose 10 pounds!" :-)

Jamie Story said...

Best night ever...I especially liked that I do not remember much at all of the movie!!!