Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nook Cozy


I am so pleased that this custom Nook cozy was ordered! It's my very first cozy for anything this size, and the construction design was kept the same. The customer loved chickens, so she asked for my traditional garden design with a chicken somewhere!


I love the chicken. I want to make more pieces with the chicken whom I will affectionately name Stacy, after the fantastic customer who ordered this! Here is the color scheme she chose, inspired by this photo of a handmade wedding bouquet:



This is why I love custom orders. I never would have thought to put these colors together, and definitely not a chicken! This was also the first time I've embroidered words on anything in a loooooong time:


It was really fun! I hope I'm able to find time to make more soon!

4 comments:

va_grown said...

It turned out lovely. (I certainly never would have thought to put a chicken on there either!)

annie♥luu [olive juice] said...

how beautiful!

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

Your felt applique and embroidery is so pretty!! I just love your work! But I refuse to use a kindle/nook. I want the real book in my hand. :-)

Traditional garden designer and Traditional garden design Surrey said...

Traditional garden designer and Traditional garden design Sussex. Nice Creation...