Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weekend In Photos

Last weekend was our annual Bible convention, which is a fantastic time for seeing family and old friends and of course learning. It's been kind of a tradition for me to make a special dress for Carly, and one year we had matching dresses! But this year the plan kind of fell apart. I don't know what is wrong with me. I can go to work aaaaaaand... that's it. Nothing else. Maybe if I get started now, I'll have one ready by next year? hehe

Anyway, here are some photos from the weekend, courtesy of my widdle bruvver:

Look at that precious grin!! (His, not mine)

Carly wanted "bowereena hair" with her fancy dress.

Carly helping Felix "read" the Bible Story book ;)


This is the custom hair clip that was made just for this dress by Cookoorikoo. I can't believe how perfectly she matched the fabric to the dress! It was my favorite part of the outfit, and I could definitely wear it again with something else as a brooch, or pinned to my coat.
I had high hopes for this dress, I saw it weeks ago on Ruche and fell in love, excited to find something modest that wasn't the length of a generous t-shirt. BUT when I got it in the mail, I was seriously disappointed. It was poorly constructed and there were threads hanging out everywhere.
I hacked off several inches from the hem, bringing it up to my knees. It would have had to been redone before appearing in public anyway, plus pre-surgery it hit right at the calf, extremely unflattering. I liked it much better after I switched the scrap of fabric they call a belt for a wide leather brown belt. I wish I had more pictures of the whole thing, but the original looked like this:

I doubt I'll ever order anything from them again- I wrote an email complaining about the terrible quality, but never heard back. Which is a shame, because they have some really cute stuff.

ANyway, back to the baby photos :)

 3-month-old Baby Henry. I can't wait to get to know him!

Baby Felix! Well I guess I can't keep calling him "Baby" anymore, because he's like 18 months now. But still, I can't help it. I cannot tell you guys how much I love this kid. 


And here are The Producers of The Offspring. The most precious offspring known to mankind, I'm pretty positive. Which makes perfect sense, look how darling The Producers are!!

1 comment:

shana said...

LOVE IT! you wear it well! thanks for sharing!

that's too bad about the dress though. bummer.