Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blissful Weekend

I was totally selfish this weekend. I pretty much did whatever I wanted to. It felt great, but was even more tiring than doing what I'm supposed to do! Go figure.



Organizing my craft supplies...


I've got a new inventory system going here. Each piece that is not one-of-a-kind gets its own little bag with an inventory number, and on the bag I write which felt colors and thread colors I used. There's a coordinating spreadsheet to keep track of supplies and all that stuff, but it's not finished yet.

A new listing...


...And a new venture!
 I'll show you tomorrow how that came out.


Carly did some stitching too.

"What are you making, Babybunny?"

"A present for my GG!"
GG is what we call Great Grandma, which is my dad's mom. When we tried to explain this concept to Carly, she replied, "Yep I know my GG is really great!"

She also ut on her favorite Tchaikovsky cd and did some ballet practice:


 And I got to do some spinning!
I haven't used the spinning wheel in forever, but Mom's been wanting it back. I have like 13 sheeps worth of this blue stuff left though so I'm going to try to get it all spun before this weekend.



 And I did a little spindle spinning (spindling?) too:



I even worked on it at the pizza place we went to for dinner Sunday evening! I felt less self-conscious spinning in a public place where everyone else was playing arcade and trivia games while they waited for their food. 
How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Marisa Hopkins said...

I wanna craft with YOUUUUUU. And my 4yo wants to dance with yours.

SewSweetStitches said...

*giggle*
Yes that would be perfect- The kids could keep each other out of our hair while we watched Jane Eyre eleventymillion times and ate ice cream out of the carton.

(We'd each get our own, of course)

MosaicMagpie said...

What a wonderful life, good movies, art to keep your hands busy and a beautiful ballerina to keep you entertained!
Deb