Friday, September 16, 2011

Eccentric Inspiration

I forgot to show you my new listings.



I'm really nervous about them, because they're completely different than my usual stuff. This is supposed to be Sew Sweet Stitches, not Sew GoCrazyWithFeathersLeatherAndChain Stitches, right?

I was watching this music video last week, and I was totally in love with the style. The colors, the sounds, everything. And it made me think of geometric shapes and mixtures of textures and crazy bright colors. A plan for new jewelry started forming in my head, which neon feathers and mixed metals against leather. I rushed off the the craft store, found the perfect supplies, and then chickened out.
Maybe if I hadn't seen the autumn-colored feathers, I would have gone with the original plan. But they were so much safer! And I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a project that I didn't even know would work like I was imagining.
But I wish I had just gone all out, because I really love these earrings and I have plans for necklaces too. And I already had some really cool hot pink leather I've been wanting to use that would be perfect. I kind of want to keep them, but they're all going to be one-of-a-kind and I need every listing I can get. I guess I will if no one else likes them!
Anyway here's the video I was talking about. Hope you like it!



1 comment:

jenni said...

Sew Edgy Stitches. I love it!